My Current Set-Up...ISH D:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MinSY

Beta member
This is my "soon-to-be" computer so far. It's for gaming of course. I'm not going to immediately overclock, but apparently from someone advices me to overclock for the "good" of my computer to last. I still want to overclock anyways as soon as I learn to.

Also, most parts aren't for sure, there are room for improvement. Every part ex. mobo will always have at least two choices and I need your help to choose them for me. Right now. I'm aiming to go for $700-800 if possible, could range to about $1000 but prefer not to... As soon as I have all parts and calculated, I might upgrade even further so ALL parts you want to list or advice will be heard.

Case:
I'm thinking Diablotek because my friend told me there is good air flow and lots of fans. I don't think cases are that important to dwell upon but if I'm wrong or these are actually bad, feel free to list ones that you recommend or currently using. :)

Motherboard:
I'll probably go with the $180. Pretty sure there isn't much of a difference.

CPU:
Pretty much the perfect CPU for gaming lmao. Not much difference from i5 and i7 so.

GPU:
I'm honestly guessing on these. LOL. At this point I'm not sure if it's in the 700~800 range. :p I'm a fan of Sapphire Radeon HD though.

RAM:
No other input. Fan of the G.Skill Ripjaws. Open to others. :)

PSU:
Probably the lower cost one. Again not too sure about PSU's.

HDD:
I like the Seagate Barracuda. More like only one I can trust. I just grabbed the one for 500GB without a second thought after looking through the 1TB and their prices x_x. Someone suggested the Samsung Spinpoint one. :)

DVD:
Meh. I guess these don't matter but there are those two I'm choosing from. :p

Fans:

Don't know much on fans. Suggest some please? I know that the case probably has fans already but, I might want a few extra.

Others:
  • May need extra fans because of the Diablotek, don't really know. LAWLCATS.
  • I have a 24" or was it 26" LCD TV as a monitor
  • No need for Keyboard&Mouse atm
  • Not sure about the soundcard if I need it. People say mobo's already have soundcard. May get speakers though. :)
  • Already have a version of W7
  • That's all right?
I'm just an amateur so please don't be too surprised about how bad this is. Remember, I haven't even calculated anything or know if this passes my range but I'll figure it out. Thank you for all those who will/have helped me so far.

Just calculated. Highest I got was around 1100 and lowest was 843.

this will beast through any game. you can save a few dollars on the hard drive by getting a used on or a deal at a local computer store.

Case: $50
NZXT Source 210 Elite
Newegg.com - NZXT Source 210 Elite Black Steel with painted interior ATX Mid Tower Computer Case w/ Black Front Trim

Motherboard: $145
MSI P67A-GD55
Newegg.com - MSI P67A-GD55 (B3) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Processor: $220
Intel Core i5-2500K
Newegg.com - Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 3000 BX80623I52500K

Memory: $50
G.SKILL Sniper Low Voltage Series 8GB
Newegg.com - G.SKILL Sniper Low Voltage Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR2

Powersupply: $150
CORSAIR Professional Series HX750
Newegg.com - CORSAIR Professional Series HX750 (CMPSU-750HX) 750W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS SILVER Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

Graphics Card: $240
Radeon HD 6950 1GB
Newegg.com - XFX HD-695X-ZNFC Radeon HD 6950 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity

hdd: $150
SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3
Newegg.com - SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

Dvd Burner: $20
Newegg.com - ASUS 24X DVD Burner - Bulk 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM Black SATA Model DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS - CD / DVD Burners

CPU cooler: $25
Cooler Master hyper 212+
Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus RR-B10-212P-G1 "Heatpipe Direct Contact" Long Life Sleeve 120mm CPU Cooler Compatible Intel Core i5 & Intel Core i7

Total: $1050

Mind me asking why that mobo and not the one I selected? Not that I know much about mobos. I'll probably use that setup. :) Might get the Diablotek though, idunno.

What's a mail-in rebate? They give me a $30 prepaid card restricted for newegg or like a visa. OR do they give me the discount already with it.

just personal preference. for one i like MSI a lot more than Asus, and you wont be needing the features that a Z68 board has to offer, A P67 will do just fine.

im not 100% sure how a mail in rebate works... all i know is that you dont get that money for free, no one is going to give you money back for free, they gain something from the information they get to give you that rebate.... but thats just my " its the government mannnn" coming out

It all looks good to me and will run all games exellent..One thing Im a little worried about but it could be nothing, An intel cpu with an amd graphics card..Someone once told me that if u had an amd graphics card and an amd cpu it makes use of a fusion tech but im not too sure.

you can use an Intel CPU with an AMD graphics card, same is true for AMD CPU with a Nivida Graphics card with zero problems

just personal preference. for one i like MSI a lot more than Asus, and you wont be needing the features that a Z68 board has to offer, A P67 will do just fine.

im not 100% sure how a mail in rebate works... all i know is that you dont get that money for free, no one is going to give you money back for free, they gain something from the information they get to give you that rebate.... but thats just my " its the government mannnn" coming out

Seem like all those features really baited me. I'm kind of interested in TPU and EPU. I have no idea what a UEFI BIO is lmaooo.

I was hoping that MIR would be like giving me a discount or something, I don't know... I don't even know how rebate works.
It all looks good to me and will run all games exellent..One thing Im a little worried about but it could be nothing, An intel cpu with an amd graphics card..Someone once told me that if u had an amd graphics card and an amd cpu it makes use of a fusion tech but im not too sure.

Doesn't matter if AMD Graphics and Intel CPU are different.

mail in rebate - you cut out the UPC from your product packaging. wait 6-8 weeks (sometimes longer) and receive a pre-paid visa/mastercard/amex card in the mail.
great for advertising great prices. good for profits (study shows 60% of consumers are either too lazy or forgot to send in those rebates).

so yes, they do give you money back, but you have to wait for it.

Still end up paying $1000 but receive some back. I guess its alright. :p Might wait till Boxing Day. It affects newegg right? Well either way Canada Computers' prices will be lower than Newegg right? :D

I think I'll buy the lower priced parts in fear some may go out of stock. x-x. CPU, GPU and Mobo I'll wait. Maybe HDD too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom