My Computer stays frozen... need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you turned the computer on my friend? I make the same mistake when my computer does not do anything. Maybe you are like me?

"harley3344: lol you think the comps on when no fans or lights are on ?"

--Of course not. The computer is on, it just freezes and goes into a blank state.

"Alf Poier: Have you turned the computer on my friend? I make the same mistake when my computer does not do anything. Maybe you are like me?"

--I know when a computer is on. That isn't the case here.

Crusader878 said:
"harley3344: lol you think the comps on when no fans or lights are on ?"

--Of course not. The computer is on, it just freezes and goes into a blank state.

"Alf Poier: Have you turned the computer on my friend? I make the same mistake when my computer does not do anything. Maybe you are like me?"

--I know when a computer is on. That isn't the case here.

i think harley was saying that to Poier.

lol i get confused sometimes when people are talking too, also was he alrdy banned when I said that. I hate not seeing that the fist time.

UPDATE:

I decided to search again and see if maybe any components were loose or cloged. Everything was fine, however, the RAM was filthy. So I cleaned it out and fired up the computer.

The computer booted normally and lasted about 12 hours before it went blank again. I'm guessing that maybe the RAM is no good. Does this sound accurate? I don't want to have to buy RAM if I don't need to.

Another thing is the Heatsink fan. At first when I turn on the computer (whether it boots normally or not) it makes a noise then goes silent. The fan seems to work though, cause it spins and looks ok. But I don't know much about that.

And if I do have to buy RAM, is Kingston a good reliable brand?
Thanks again guys.

Crusader878 said:
UPDATE:

I decided to search again and see if maybe any components were loose or cloged. Everything was fine, however, the RAM was filthy. So I cleaned it out and fired up the computer.

The computer booted normally and lasted about 12 hours before it went blank again. I'm guessing that maybe the RAM is no good. Does this sound accurate? I don't want to have to buy RAM if I don't need to.

Another thing is the Heatsink fan. At first when I turn on the computer (whether it boots normally or not) it makes a noise then goes silent. The fan seems to work though, cause it spins and looks ok. But I don't know much about that.

And if I do have to buy RAM, is Kingston a good reliable brand?
Thanks again guys.

yes this definitely looks like a ram problem. what type of ram is this and how old is it? The heatsink fan is probably slowing down because of a SMART FAN setting in the bios, or something similar to that. As long as it is spinning, then you should be fine.

Yes, kingston is a reliable brand, but i wouldn't recommend it if you are OCing.

infiltrator7 said:
yes this definitely looks like a ram problem. what type of ram is this and how old is it? The heatsink fan is probably slowing down because of a SMART FAN setting in the bios, or something similar to that. As long as it is spinning, then you should be fine.

Yes, kingston is a reliable brand, but i wouldn't recommend it if you are OCing.

I'm not sure what type of RAM it is but it's almost three years old. What is OCing?

yeah if it's three years old you should prolly get some newer stuff and your computer will prolly run better. OCing is short for Overclocking, or pushing computer components to go faster than the manufacturer set it at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom