My computer crashed..

Status
Not open for further replies.

MR2SUFI

Solid State Member
Yesterday..I woke up..and had a blank screen..I restarted, blue screen of death.
Restarted again, booted from safe/safe+cmd/safe+networking, normally, last known good config. None worked.
So I inserted my xp disc deleted partition, i didn't have anything on it i needed since i just formatted 3 weeks ago..created a new partition, installing xp yada yada yada..on the blue screen install with the yellow bar, i get to about 11% of copying files..and then it goes to BOSD again.
I get two different errors every couple times.

One like..
IRQL_NOT_EQUAL_ORLESS
(or something like that.)
and then another one that I dont remember..
I have no windows currently installed, and I can't finish installing windows..
and I keep getting bosd.
what do I do?

Thanks in advance for all the help!

Download Memtest86+ ISO, and burn it to a CD. If you don't have software already that can burn an ISO image, download IMGBurn (free), and install it. Burn the Memtest86+ ISO to the disc, and then insert the disc into the computer that will not work. Run it for at least 4 hours minimum.

Also, do you know what the STOP error codes of the BSOD's were? STOP codes are the 0x000000## part at the bottom of the BSOD screen. Give us that code and we may be able to further identify what's causing the problem.

The computer right now that I'm using doesn't have a burner..but I'll see if one of my friends can help me.

And the stop errors were

1.) Stop: 0xA
2.) Stop: 0x24

I had this problem with an old Dell I was playing around with the other week. Turns out the hard drive had died on me, so I replaced it and it works fine.

If you've got a spare hard drive laying around, try swapping the old one out with that one and see what happens.

You know what..now that I think about..that happened about 2 years ago with my computer.
I think that might be it.
BOOOO :(.
I don't have a spare harddrive to test..either way Im going to have to spend money I don't have :p.

Thank you for the help/reminder.
I will try switching out hard drives asap

Well..it's not the hard drive, I took the one out of my moms computer just to see, and I'm getting the same errors.

So is it my ram, perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom