cd burner/dvd
256 ram (removed)
added
4/512 sticks of pc3200
antec480 watt psu
wireless network card
evga 7800 gt w/quake 4 sony dru810a dvd burner

Bottom line $658 pre- tax

I think i did pretty good on this system as starting with that sr1610nx for 199 after rebates is great, the parts are worth more then the whole. everything else I did on sale and rebates to keep cost down. the 658 is pre tax

the onlything I got online was the evga 7800gt w/quake4 from tigerdirect for 279 after 20 rebate. Everything else was purchased at a bunch of the local chains compusa,bestbuy,microcenter......... have to use these places go in buy the one thing you want that is onsale with rebate and leave.

yes its a 939 sempron palermo and like i heard ,cpuz confirmed it with the x86-64 listed under the instructions that its 64 enabled and yes it seems that the bios is locked. any programs to take care of that on a hp? its been a few years since a new pc so i havent been able to game much besides a sony ps2 . how will this machice do against a ps2? and will it play the latest and greatest games with high settings?

It ought to play games pretty well. The new graphics card sure will help. The processor is a little weak, but I don't think it's enough to hold back the 7800 too much.

Ryan

yes that will blow away your ps2. The 7800 is awesome. You ps2 aint got nutin on your pc now lol. You should be able to handle all the new games but like fighting irish said the processor is kind of weak but you will still be god to go with the games.

im sort of in the same situation and have been thinking new mobo or faster cpu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom