Multiple Hard Drive Solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JakeStarr

Beta member
I have this issue that I have been trying to find a solution to, and am coming up extremely short. I have several hard drives, currently in external enclosures, and am wanting to consolidate them in some way. I know Netgear has their SC101 enclosure that has been receiving mixed reviews from what I have seen. I am trying to avoid using a single drive enclosure, and I am completely oblivious on what/where to look for this solution... So any help is much appreciated!

Themaltake is a good brand and makes external hard drive enclosures Vantec is also good and makes them as well. You can also get a cheap MicroATX case and use it just for the external drives with a little modding.

Out of curiosity, are these for a laptop, or NAS? Just wondering, because I personally would just add internal drives (less junk around the PC), or have multiple drives in a NAS box.

It's for access on my home network... I have a new Mac and laptop, and I want them both to be able to access these drives. I have two old laptop hard drives which I am going to just connect through USB, but I do want these four IDE drives to be consolodated so I'm not resorting to having to get a USB hub and having several external drives taking up space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom