Multi-Mon system

Status
Not open for further replies.

theMadHatter

Solid State Member
Hello. I am looking to build a new computer. I already have mice, keyboards, speakers, and the monitors.

Goal: A three-monitored (with the possibility of someday adding a fourth (not totally necessary)) computer with 2 lcds and one crt.

Budget: $500 maybe $550 if necessary.

Specifics: I don't plan to play any highly taxing computer games, actually I don't plan on playing any games besides the ones I work on (I will be programming games with it so it does have to be somewhat of a good card I suppose). It will be running Windows XP with the reality of running Vista in the somewhat near future. I need a somewhat big harddrive (around 200gb), and a cd drive (duh) and a dvd drive. I have no idea (well I do have somewhat) of the graphics cards this type of computer would need.

So I need a list of the parts and the prices if you may :) . Again I already have all the, uhm, what's the word, periferals, yeah! I just need the parts and a cool case I suppose (not too cool though, I'm on a budget!).

Thank you for your time and if any other is needed you know where to find me (here :laughing: ).

with that budget you won't be able to make a great build but you can make an ok one it would be better for you to save up and wait for july 22nd

build for now:
cpu: amd 4200x2
mobo: msi
Ram: 2x1gb g-skill
hdd: 320gb seagate barracuda 7200.10
psu: 400W forton, hiper, antec
case: centurion

july 22nd
cpu: q6600
mobo: gigabyte ds3
Ram: g-skill 2x1gb
hdd: seagate barracuda
psu: same
cpu cooler: tuniq tower

now with graphics it depends what each of the monitors are displaying? you could get an 8800gts 320mb and a cheap pci for the extra monitors

well, u could go with what i suggested because u wanted a conroe build. but if u can work with amd then go with what b1gpal suggested. that is a really good build, but i think u should get a better video card. but ur budget is low, so u will be fine with that.

I would of suggested a C2D build like yours siddanth, but the parts you suggested, comes to about $660. I just tried to fit his budget and needs, as much as I could, with the build I suggested.

@siddanth and b1gapl
After seeing your posts (posted mine before I saw those two) I will have to go with b1gapl's. And would I just get a cheap PCI card for the third monitor? If so could you point me into the right direction, I really havn't a clue what would work and such. Thanks again.

@saltynay
Is there a big sale July 22nd or something? And sorry, no links and I'm hopeless. But to answer your question, 2 will be running at 1400x900 and the other, 1024x768.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom