MSI compared with ASUS

Status
Not open for further replies.

X2Xtreme360

In Runtime
I have an ASUS p4p800-e Deluxe mobo and recently I got the "failed system CPU test". I really don't think my CPU has gone bad since it's been working great for a few months and I haven't OC'd it. A bad BIOS flash seems to be the problem. Well I keep hearing go with MSI and ASUS boards aren't too great. I want to get an MSI board similar to that of which I have now. Anyone wanna compare these two boards and name any main differences, I don't see many but I could be overlooking something.

ASUS P4P800-E Deluxe

MSI 865PE NEO2-PFS

I also want to know the main difference between the Intel ICH5R Southbridge chipset on the ASUS board and the Intel ICH5 southbridge chipset on the MSI board.

Asus is a great company i have had numberious mobos by them and havne't had any troubles altho there support isn't to great if you ahve to call them. Msi is also a good company i would rate both of them around the same in quality. Since u have a intel i would go with asus they haven't done me wrong yet and i have used a decent amount of them.

I am agree with schulz, both companies are well known for a fairly good product for moderate chips, until you start working with dual processor boards your safe to use either.

As an owner bias, i will lean towards the MSI, but like I said, I'm biased. Just pick whichever one fits your bill better. If any features strike you on one and not the other, then go for it.

Ryan

IMO, MSI is a lot better for AMD chips. ASUS are great for Intel and I've never had a problem with them. I've never had personal experience with an MSI board and Intel chip so I'd stick with the ASUS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom