MSI or ASUS Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJfive0

Solid State Member
Right now I currently have a P4 2.4 GHz processors with an MSI 648F Neo motherboard, and a GeForceFX 5600 graphics card, and 2 sticks of 512 dual channel.

My motherboard recently died along with a stick of my ram.

Which mother board should I go with, an Asus P4S800D-X or an MSI PM8M-V. The MSI would be slightly cheaper. I will be running the same setup with the new motherboard minus 1 stick of 512.

Any suggestions, opinions?

I'd go with Asus. The MSI Bios/driver update utility is a piece of crap.

Plus, you can get the ASUS one through newegg.

It doesnt matter which way you go if you ask me. I get years of performance out of my msi boards and never any issues. Asus is also top of the line and you cant go wrong that way either. If your on a budget get the msi or if you have extra money burning a hole in your pocket get the asus. Either way you cant go wrong.

I like asus alot. Ive used MSI and i cant really say im a big fan. I havent really had too many problems with them, but i'd go with asus.

Just to put in a good word for MSI . . . I've build about 5 computers with MSI boards and have always had good luck with them. I had also had very good luck with MSI Live Update utilities (which find the correct drivers for you). That was one thing that really impressed me about MSI. I have used their windows based bios flash utility and it has always worked for me. Everyone probably has their own personal favorites. I think it was the red color of the MSI boards that initially attracted me.

Regards,

DeeJay

Has anybody had any personal experience with either of these boards?

I didn't have much luck with the MSI Live Update Utilities on my first MSI board, the 648F Neo-L. Not to mention, my USB 2.0 never correctly worked. I was thinknig the new MSI boards, mainly the PM8M-V would be a bit better than my previous board.

I really don't need it for that much. I do a little gaming here and there with CS, Call of Duty, and Vietcong, but other than the basics, that is really it.

The previous board I had was fine, except for the part when it died.

I could pick up the MSI board at a local Milwaukee PC for $60. Then for the ASUS, the only reputable place online to get it was newegg for $80 plus 5 or so for shipping.

Is the ASUS worth the $25 more?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom