Motherboard Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulside

Solid State Member
I'm no expert on this stuff, so here goes. I'm building a new computer; here is the configuration (give it a second to load). My question is this: which motherboard would be the best for its money for that configuration? I'm not planning to use the SLI or RAID feature, by the way, and try to keep the total price in a friendly range (under $1600 if possible). Also, if you have any other suggestions regarding that configuration, please feel free to contribute those as well.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hey Soulside,
Welcome to T.F.!!

If you're ordering in the US, definitely order from newegg.com....they got some of the cheapest prices, plus the best service.

For your system I would suggest either:
Newegg.com - EVGA 122-M2-NF59-TR Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI MCP ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
or
Newegg.com - Foxconn C51XEM2AA- 8EKRS2H Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI MCP ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

It looks like you're going to have this pre-built. I'd say, built it yourself. Will probably save you a bit of money, if you do. Don't worry if you're a new to this, because we'll be glad to help you.

we can DEFINITELY help you build the same computer and probably better for less money than that.

another question, as i am sure it will be asked in a moment...
with that kind of budget, why are you building an AMD system?
the new intel chips are faster for the same money (once you get into spending that much money). i suggest AMD builds for less than 800 dollars. anything over that would be better spent on a c2d rig.
thats right, i said it. take a picture all you intel fellas lol.

yeah, dont be afraid to build the system yourself, its easy.

Suggestions.. hmm
really don't need 3gb i would just go for 2gb
I would get one of the mobos b1gaple suggested
I would go for Core2Duo processor
Btw, you do need a graphics card.. i would suggest either 8800gts or gtx
Dont forget the case man.

And have fun with your build, hopefully you will build it yourself.. its a very good experience if you go through it (plus its WAY cheaper)

Also.. 1tera of space is alot man, you sure 500 isnt enough?

Firstly, I'd like to thank everyone for their help. Building the system myself is something that I considered, but I had my doubts as I'd never done it before and didn't want to screw it up. Also, the website that I linked had the cheapest prices that I had found so far (try building a PC on HP's website - biggest ripoff ever). In any case, I'm definitely going to check out all suggestions made here. Does anyone know where I can find a good guide on putting it all together myself?

This is a pretty simple and easy guide to understand:
Build a System: Page 1

...and if you have any questions, about building your first computer, please don't hesitate to ask us.

The links to the parts, that I gave you, is some of the best prices and deals, you'll find.

Thanks a lot. I'll more than likely return here for help when I begin building it.

And, by the way, is Newegg.com in general the place to find the best prices on computer parts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom