Motherboard question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Propheticjester

Solid State Member
I saw a very similar question up here but mine is a little different. I own an eMachine t5026, and as some of you might know, it has no AGP slots, or PCI-E slots. So I was told it might be a good idea for me to swap out my mother board. I own a GeForce 6800 GS, and I just put in a gig of DDR (pc2700) ram in so...I want a motherboard that will let me use the same ram, (I don't know if I even have a choice) will have a PCI-E X16 slot, and 1 normal PCI slot so I have use my old ethernet card. I was surfing around newegg and I stumbled across this thingy. Do you guys know if it will work on my PC? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813130539
If it won't can any of you suggest something that will? Thanks very much.

It all depends on what socket your cpu is. Until you find that out dont buy anything. Not too sure on the RAM though because it supports ddr2 memory which is better than ddr.

I saw someone post on a thread on another site that his t5026 was a Socket 478, and others seemed to back this up, but if anyone knows differently please speak up.

Ok sorry dont use that it doesnt tell you what socket you have. Ill look for something that will tell you.

OK well thanks very much guys, the analysis said : Prescott / LGA 775 so I guess it does have to be 775. I'm gonna fish around for a new one, in the mean time if you guys have any suggestions, please let me know. I'll be back to post my new find o_O Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom