motherboard question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dumpy

In Runtime
my moms computer died earlyer this year, we bought it off a friend of the family who builds them. When we took it to him eh said the Powersupply died in it ( i dont know what happend.. my sister had been on it and she said it turned off?) anyways.. would that have taken the motherboard with it? how can i tell if its still good? im salvaging the parts of it for just a box for music and what not so i can keep my future one for games ect. but yeah , how can i tell if it took the motherboard with it? its an asus as99127f, wev had the computer since about 02-03 :p incase that helps

ok so if i was to take it out the old box and plug my powersupply in this box now it wont hurt anything if it is dead will it?

no it shouldnt. no guarantees of course :D

but if it is the mobo it likely wont power up, if it is the old PSU that was bad it will. make sure you have RAM, cpu, and graphics installed.

Are are very low of a bad motherboard killing a new psu. Although a bad psu can and has killed many a good motherboard :)

ok :) well i know the psu went cuz it dont turn on lol but i dont nkow if it took the motherboard with it and i didnt wana tryy it and it ruin my computer i have now

well the motherboard was too big lol so im gunna have to take the psu out of othis one and do it up.. so is there 100% no way to check? cuz i dont wanna unhook everything and it not work lol

alright, sorry that it toook long to get back to this i havnt been home since last thursday when i posted. but, i hooked it up, hooked up what i thought was right, when i plugged the power into it a little green light came on the motherboard. i turned it on and it came on and the hard drive sounded like it was spinning, that or the vans i dont know for suer i wasnt close enough and it has 2. but then nothing came onto the screen and it got really loud.. help :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom