motherboard crosshair v problem - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Closed Thread
Old 01-10-2012, 03:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default motherboard crosshair v problem

hi, my cpu finally arrived and a new power suply so i put together my new system only to find my corsshair v is probebly broken

i got it off ebay, it was in a horrible state, as if some guy left it on the floor for 3 months or what ever

the 3 leds light up, leds for the start rest and oc buttons, because i dont have a proper case i just use the onboard start button which does nothing at all

i have all the right connectors, it could just be an issue with updating the bois because of the bulldozer fx-8150 and all, other people have said to do this

but how do i do it if im not getting a boot whats so ever, i havent seen the cpu fan spin not once or any other the other led indicators

Old 01-10-2012, 04:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Wizard Techie
Send a message via AIM to HAVOC Send a message via Yahoo to HAVOC
Default Re: motherboard crosshair v problem

Can you take a picture of the board & how you have it connected and post it?

Old 01-10-2012, 04:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

on it, it might be not that good quility but ill be sure to include all the details required

well, i cant find my bluetooth connect wire so ill just decribe to you, the 8 pin cpu power connector is in the motherboard.

The cpu fan wire is in at the top on the left where it says cpu fan notcpu can opt.

There is 1x4gb ram stick on the furthest slot away from the cpu.

Radeon 6970 has the right connectors, tried using a different card.

Thats about it, everything is correct, all whats working is the backliughts for the 3 buttons thats it.

On the rog asus forum someone said that its to do with the bios, he said theres a way to update it through rog connect with a usb memory stick
Old 01-10-2012, 04:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lord Techie
Default Re: motherboard crosshair v problem

@ DEATHRUNE, please don't double post, if you have something else to add to the conversation and no one has posted a reply since your last post (within a 24 hr. period), please use the edit button (looks like a pencil) to add it to your previous post.

If it won't start because a bios update is needed to support your cpu then you'll need a supported cpu to flash it and then you can use your new cpu.
Closed Thread