Motherboard/CPU/RAM compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

s4m222

Beta member
just wanted to make sure everything here is compatible...

-MOTHERBOARD: SOLTEK SL-K8TPro-939 Socket 939 VIA K8T800 Pro ATX AMD Motherboard

-PROCESSOR: AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Processor Model ADA3200BPBOX

-MEMORY: CORSAIR XMS 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model TWINX1024-3200C2PT

-CPU COOLER: Thermaltake VENUS 12 80mm Ball Cooling Fan/Heatsink

will i need to update bios to use this mobo/cpu combo? because on the soltek site they had an updated bios for
-Supported AMD K8 E6 CPU(couldnt find information about what the "E6" is[googled] )
-Supported AMD K8 Dual-Core CPU(i know i dont need this one since i dont think venice is a dual core)

it was hard to find a board with agp.... but is my board compatible more than anything else?

what about this board?

EPoX EP-9NDA3+ Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce3 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

and when i get the money i could always upgrade the mobo to a pci-e one and get a new video card...

for now im just wondering if that mobo is compatible... and if i need a bios flash or anything like that for the 3200+ venice CPU?!?!

Do you already have a card? If you do, what is it? PCI X gen 2 is coming in a year.

You could get the 6150 onboard and use that video until you get a card.

I would get the Nforce 4 Ultra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom