Motherboard and CPU compatibility HELP

MinorMIx

Solid State Member
Hi, I am need of a lot of help! I just got a new motherboard and cpu: ASRock B75M-GL and an Intel Core i5 3350P. PROBLEM is that I am having trouble installing this CPU onto the motherboard, it just won't lock up or whatever that thing that goes over it is called.
Anyone know what's wrong? I don't want to dent this thing

Nah it's okay I got it in, all I needed to do was put a little tension on it to lock it in place after I did some research thanks anyways

Oh I see. Yeah it's a pretty tight fit. Wouldn't want it to move around :tongue:

Excatly the post i was looking and then it wasnt but it works :)
im no whiz but i kow my way around a pc.
i bought a CM1740-04 Asus PC summer 2012, and now would like to upgrade my processor.
what specific specs do i need to look at for best compatiblity? i know the Bios has limits but not to sure how to get that information, i have also never upgraded any pc iv owned and just asking for a little insight on where to look for the information

Really should have made your own thread on the subject, because your question really has nothing to do with the OP.

In regards, if you are gaming you don't really need more CPU power but rather you need to upgrade that GPU. To do this you would be looking at a PSU upgrade as well.
To completely answer your question, you are limited to AMD APU's for socket FM1 and FM2 motherboards. The best CPU you can buy is the A10 5800k.

Back
Top Bottom