Motherboard and CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord of War

Beta member
first time building my own computer. I am a big gamer and want to be able to play games like battlefield 2 and half life 2 on high def if that is any factor. and I was wondering if you guys had any tips on what are some good motherboards for under $200 and a compatible cpu [no price range].

Go with the A8N-SLI Deluxe. It has true x16 pci-e SLI. SATAII and supports a socket 939 cpu. If you have no price range you should go with and AMD Athlon 64 FX. It cost about 800 dollars but it well worth the money. And for a graphics card. go with the 7900 gt or 7800 gtx. Dual if you have the money. And 2 gigs of ddr400 ram.

incorrect , the more expensive ASUS A8N32-SLI DELUXE supports X16 SLI , the one you mentioned does not , anyway i wouldnt take any ASUS SLI mobo too many negative reviews , i recommend MSI K8N DIAMOND PLUS it have more positive reviews+very good audio (audigy se)

cant recommend a processor without a budget ,

I have decided to base my comp around the 7900 card (i think it is dual)
as for ram i am getting 2 gigs
i added a price range for motherboard $250
and i dont know what cpu is maybe you could tell me

Lord of War said:
I have decided to base my comp around the 7900 card (i think it is dual)
as for ram i am getting 2 gigs
i added a price range for motherboard $250
and i dont know what cpu is maybe you could tell me

you've gotta give more information on your budget... if you want super good peformance for cheap, get an Opteron 165 which is clocked @ 1.8 GHz at stock but easily overclockable to 2.5 GHz without increasing vcore. Some steppings even allow the Opty to go to 3.0 GHz, like the CCB1E stepping. It goes for less than $400 Canadian, so I can only imagine how much cheaper it is in US dollars. But, if you've got extra money and you're a rich *******, FX-60, for sure, although the Intel's Presler cores kinda kicked the FX's butt recently, but I think those benches were complete bs. oh, and in my opinion, don't go for the 7900GT(X), get a 1900XT instead. It will definatley outlast the 7900, for sure.

oh, and read the reviews on that card, apparently the capacitators fall off really easy. Some guy is having his 4th replacement come in...:confused:

well sadly im not a rich ****** i wish i was and definently looking for a motherboard under $400. i was thinking a good 3.0 ghz or 3.2 if possible anysuggestions?

Lord of War said:
well sadly im not a rich ****** i wish i was and definently looking for a motherboard under $400. i was thinking a good 3.0 ghz or 3.2 if possible anysuggestions?

woah man, you got it all wrong... the motherboard is not the processor. A motherboard is just a motherboard, it doesn't do anything unless you have a processor. If you get the motherboard for under $200, then you get the processor (cpu). Now, if you want a cpu for under $200, you won't find much good...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom