Is this Motherboard compatable with this cpu? links to product. - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Closed Thread
Old 12-02-2011, 08:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Is this Motherboard compatable with this cpu? links to product.

I'll post links to the motherboard and cpu i want to have in the desktop im building, What makes me nervous is that the motherboard is am3 socket but the cpu is a am2+ socket..although if u read in the product specs for the motherboard it said something that i cant understand about the phenom 2 cpu's. are these two parts compatable? thanks. Motherboard: Dabs Ireland - Asus M5A99X EVO AM3+ AMD 990FX SB950 DDR3 ATX (M5A99X EVO)

Cpu: Dabs Ireland - AMD Phenom II X4 960T 3.0GHz 8MB 95W Black Edition (HD96ZTWFGRBOX)

Old 12-02-2011, 09:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
Send a message via MSN to MindoverMaster
Default Re: Is this Motherboard compatable with this cpu? links to product.

I'm not 100% sure, but I do not think an AM2+ CPU is compatible with a AM3+ motherboard. They are two different sockets, i think.

__________________ Steam Account
Old 12-02-2011, 10:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Techie
Default Re: Is this Motherboard compatable with this cpu? links to product.

No it wont work i would recommend an AMD FX 4100 since its the same price. and is an am3+
Closed Thread