MotherBoard Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

youngstunna248

Beta member
i have been wanting to do my first build and i have been looking around for a mother board does anyone have any suggestions? i have the Antec 1200 case

Well what cpu do you plan to use? what else do you need? what is your budget?
what will the computer be used for?

i was going to choose the cpu i need after i had my motherboard choosen. and i am still looking for my graphic card to, my budget really varys but im will to go atleast 2000 and it will be used for browsing and games etc..

Well you always want to start with your cpu selection first.

The i7 920 Mr Muffin suggested is great and the cpu I use. With a budget of $2000 it is the logical choice.

The boards posted I would personally rank the asus and evga boards as the best with the gigabyte 3rd and biostar 4th on my list. all of them are great boards and will run sli or xfire so no matter what gpu you go with now you can add a second one later.

I'll put in the good word for EVGA!! I have an 05 EVGA MB , with socket 939 AMD athlon x2 CPU, the board had two DIMM slots that were bad, called EVGA , and since the MB was registered with them when it was purchased , and carried a limited lifetime warrenty, the y authorized an RMA for me. That's pretty good service for an 05 motherboard. I was pleasantly surprised!! I will definitely look for an EVAG MB when I build my next comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom