Is this motherboard AGP PRO (1.5V)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

double9s

Beta member
I'm wondering if this motherboard is AGP PRO:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131484

I won a 6800GT at work from NVIDIA, but it's AGP PRO. I know the 6800GT doesn't come in AGP PRO, but NVIDIA sponsors our company and just gave it to us (over a year ago), so it must be a prototype card or something. Anyway, I really need a motherboard that is AGP PRO (1.5V) and Socket 478 so that I can use this videocard and a Pentium4 chip that's also just sitting around.

If the MB above isn't AGP PRO, can someone tell me some MB's that are definitely AGP PRO 1.5V? It's defiinitely hard to search for since it gets overlooked in a lot of product descriptions and I'm still not postitive what the adaptor looks like on the MB. Any help would be fantastic.

It's AGP 8X/4X. Most new AGP video cards should work... I think the only no-no is putting a 4X or 8X AGP in a 1X AGP slot. 1X has a different voltage from the rest.

You're thinking of strictly AGP cards. AGP PRO adds power connectors to either side of the bracket, so an AGP PRO card can't work on a regular AGP card, no matter what speed. An AGP card can run on an AGP PRO MB, but that's not my situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom