Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jmsmcniff

Solid State Member
Im looking for a socket 939 motherboard for my newly purchased amd athlon 3800+. Im building a full pc, but im going through the components in order.

Ive narrowed it down to the following. Could anybody help me narrow the choice down, or even recomend a different one? Im new to computer buidling, and all of the following seem so similar!

Gigabyte K8N-SLi
Asus A8N-SLi NF4
MSI K8N SLi-Fi
MSI RD480 Neo2-FI
ABit KN8 SLi
Gigabyte K8N-Pro

Thanks for all your help in advance!

I highly reccomend MSI K8N mobos, I have the neo4 Platinum, (not sli), and it is brilliant, definitely reccomended.

Charlie -

If you want SLI, get the MSI K8N SLi-Fi or the DFI LanParty SLI version. You can modify the non-SLI DFI LanParty to be SLI-compatible, but I don't know anything about this.

If you don't want SLI, get the MSI K8N Neo4-F, MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum, or DFI LanParty.

Thanks for all your help, im definatly not interested in sli so the MSI K8N Neo4-F or the the MSI RD480 Neo2-FI look perfect for what i need, however they seem very similar. The main differences I can see are the sound quality (8 channel), the Rd480 has firewire, rd480 has cool and quiet technology and the rd480 is neo 2.

Whats the difference between neo 2, and neo 4? Im guessing the neo 4 is more up to date?

Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom