Mother Board and Video Cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMD 3200+ 64

Baseband Member
K so ima upgrade to PCI-E
i plan on getting a ASUS A8N-SLI PREMIUM SOCKET 939
now is this motherboard any good?
and what kinda video Cards do you guys think i should run, i wana have dual SLI video cards?

and if i do go with Dual video cards do they both have to be the same card so say Dual X1650? not a X1950 and a X1650? would this work if u where 2 mix the 2 video cards?

SLI only works with nVidia cards, not ATI. ATI's version of SLI is called Crossfire.

Besides, unless you're planning on running the top of the line card(s), it's cheaper and easier to buy one higher card than two lower... better performance as well.

ahh ic so if i got the crossfire board u can only use crossfire ATi video cards? or could i run dual X1600 pci-e

You can run an ATI card in a SLI mobo... but only one. You can run an nVidia card in a Crossfire mobo... but only one.

Actually, ATI has finally got Crossfire to work without having to have a master card, and I think without the dongle (but I can't swear to it). I know nVidia has gotten software SLI (bridgeless) to work.

But wouldn't having bridgeless SLI, decrease performance, because the video cards are not directly connected or communicating?

Yeah I could have run bridgeless SLI on my mobo. I asked on here and everyone said to use the bridge to increase performance so thats what i did. maybe tonight ill run some back to back 3dmarks and settle it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom