More questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is a good HS/F for < $25 USD? Doesn't have to be quiet, but quieter than a jet engine...

Thanks!

Stupid disappearing edit button...

Anyways, is the Arctic Cooling Alpine 7 any good?

Also, in another thread (mvpo.geo's thread), I heard mention of the Xclio 450W, and decided that, for my budget, I seriously can't afford an $80 PSU (^.^).

...Okay, here it comes...
...The Questions...

1. Is the XClio StablePower 460W any good? I need more than 2 SATA power cables, and that looked like a good deal.

2. If I were to buy a PSU with less than the amount of SATA power cables than I needed, is there anyway to get around that without having to buy a new PSU?

Look for an Arctic Freezer 7 on special offer somewhere. You should be able to find one SOMEWHERE if you look hard enough at a good price. The Alpine I wouldn't trust to be much better than stock cooling...maybe a little.

Here is my new favorite budget PSU.

Newegg.com - XClio 450BL ATX 450W Power Supply 115/230 V UL, CUL, TUV, CB - Retail

Xclio are a decent brand and make good PSU's for the price. I have heard awesome things about that one for the price...and then you can use the extra cash to get a better HS/F. I would deffinatly trust that one to run my system from what I have heard however if you want to be a little safer than I guess

Newegg.com - FSP Group (Fortron Source) AX400-PN, RoHS, 12cm FAN, version 2.2, 2 SATA, 20+ 4 pin, PCI Express, 400W Power Supply - Retail

Still...I would go with the Xclio as you wouldn't be running to demanding of a system.

Sorry, I wasn't clear as to the point of my 2nd latest post; I need 3 or more SATA Power cables.

I realize that this might sound sarcastic, condescending, or otherwise rude, but I'm tired and I can't figure out any other way to phrase it :)

There are many converters for SATA though and you will be paying quite a lot more for just 2 extra connectors which you could make with conversions.

I think that the Xclio you listed is pretty much your best bet. Just go with that one.

Okay, thanks! I think I've figured out my build; After the April 22nd price cuts, my build will be down to $725 ^.^

EDIT: Do you think I'd be better off getting the one you recommended (The other Xclio), and get one of these?

Would one of those provide enough power to a hard drive?

Also, is a 4-pin to 3-pin adapter, with a 3-pin power splitter, okay to do?

I would get the one I recommended only becuase it's cheaper and I've heard that it works well unlike the other.

That connector is what you need, how many peripheral connectors are you going to need? Which and how many are going to need the SATA power?

For instance my Rosewill 450w has 6x Peripherals and 2x SATA.

I run 3 case fans, one HD, one IDE DVD burner, and one connector to light up my "XION" on the front of my case.

I however still could run 3 case fans, 2 DVD drives, my XION light, and 2 Hard drives becuase my Masscool 80mm side fan has a 3-pin motherboard Fan connector.

I think you will be able to fit everything you need with the Xclio I labeled and one converter like you posted.

Still tell me EVERYTHING you will be needing power for and we can make sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom