More questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellothar121

In Runtime
A few more questions...

1. Assuming that you have enough wall/power strip plugs, can you hook your internals up to two different PSU's?

2. What do different things hook up to? I mean, fans go to 3-pin/4-pin, mobo uses the 20/24/20+4 pin, but where do the others go?

3. I'm planning on getting a floppy drive when I put my system together; What connectors does it use? Data and power. Thanks! Link , not sure if all floppy drives operate the same.

One last question; Can I boot from a External (USB) Floppy drive? Or is that an impossibility?

I'm not sure about the first two questions with dual PSU's, but as far as a floppy drive.

They are all the same, all PSU come with a connector, its a little four pin connector. The data requires a floppy cable, its similar to an IDE cable but has a twist in it and has four less pins.

Booting off an external floppy drive should be possible, though I've never tried, as long as your motherboard supports booting from USB devices.

So, I could get two of these, and I wouldn't have any problems using both of those, even if one of the 24-pin connectors weren't attached to a PSU?

Can anyone tell me if the bios for the Gigabyte S3 Series (DS3, S3, etc...) supports booting from USB?

Don't get two of those...the smart power isn't that good I think. Yes you can use two PSU if you really want but I would suggest getting 2 FSP 400w's and using them as they are plenty of enough watts, better, and cheaper.

FSP Has a more inexpensive modular PSU? iF that's the case, I'll gladly take it; I need to save every penny possible. My parents say that if I can manage all A's for my semester grades, I can put this whole thing together this June!!!

I would get a single one of these before two PSU's. These have the best modular system out there, perform well, and at a great price. 2 PSU's are hard to work with unless the case supports it.

Newegg.com - HIPER HPU-4K580-MS ATX12V v2.2 580W Power Supply 100 - 120V - Retail

Since you want modular..that modular is awesome.

Also heh Keeping all A's is really hard for me...heh College Trig stops that for me...but i hope you can get them if you get a new PC man.

Yeah, I'm on the fast-track at my school; I'll be taking Algebra 2 next year (9th Grade), but my semester grade in Hnrs. Geometry is vital... So are the rest of my core classes, and since Spanish I is easy at my school, and my only other elective is Library Aide, which I don't recieve a grade in, I just need to make sure I turn in all my work...

That's easier said than done for me; Everything comes easy for me, but I've probably set a new record in "Highest Level of Disorganization"... Getting better, though ^.^

Heh the fast track...yea I suck at math but I was in spanish 4 my sophomore year...i'm in AP now.

Regardless understand that it only gets harder and it is almost twice as hard to mainstain 4.0's and stuff in HS.....back on track it all depends on how powerful of a system you will be getting on which PSU you will need.

The Corasir he suggested is amazing but very powerful and I doubt you would need one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom