more fans, now hotter pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

neweyedeya18

In Runtime
just bought 3 new fans 1 120 mm and 2 80mm fans which i mounted in the front of my rig but now even though the 120 mm fan is much bigger than my 80 mm in the back my comp is much warmer, at least 8degrees F what is going on? i used the same 4 pin to wire each fan so im guessing thats it but what else could i do?????

Try turning the fans around so they blow air in... or out, depending on what they are doing now. And see if that changes anything.

i tried, is there only one 4 pin power cord or a way to turn up the voltage because i have like 4 fans and 1 bay freezer on the same 4 wire cable harness, it doesnt seem like the fans are blowing much air, especially because they are so **** quiet

Well if you have too many fans in your case it can make it warmer because the air isin't circulating properly.

i was told to have fans in the front blowing in, in the back blowing out and on top blowing out
so theres no way to up the power to the fans?

Yea it's gotta be the organization of the fans. If they are organized incorrectly, then the fans will just slow down the air flow or block it.

It should be as much as possible blowing in the front, as much as possible blowing out the back, one out the side and one out the top.

since you have new fans, maybe these fans are not nearly as powerful as the previous ones. Since you purchased quiet fans, these probably have less airlfow than the previous ones which in turn can cause higher temps. Fan orientation seems to be correct, so that shouldnt be the issue. Do you have restrictive fan grilles on?

not really, the grill in the back is big enough for a 120mm, anyone know of a good fan, doesnt matter how loud but with a 4 pin adapter? i dont know where to put the 3 pin on my mobo and even if i have any spaces for extra fans on it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom