Monitor question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjlambert

Baseband Member
Hey all

I know the "What's the best LCD monitor?" question has been flogged to death in other threads, but I'm looking for just a little more input.

I want to get a 19" LCD monitor and have been reading reviews/threads like crazy. I'm down to either a Viewsonic or Samsung, most likely. There's a lot of info on whether something is good for gaming or not but what I need to know is a will a decent gaming monitor also be good for text? I enjoy my WoW time and surfing, but my wife is in school and needs to spend lots of time typing/researching. Any suggestions? (And no, not the LG2000 - too much)

Thanks

Another question:

Because the 19" will have the same res as a 17", is it worth getting a 19"? Is the pixel size just bigger on a 19" and does that have any negative effect that will be noticeable?

Go with what you can afford.

You will not be sorry for getting a 19", I can promise you that. The extra real estate makes a difference.

If you like watching movies on your comp, you may want to look at some of the 20.1" widescreen monitors. I never thought about them until I bought my daughter a 17" widescreen laptop... I can imagine how a 20.1" widescreen monitor would look on my desk...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom