Monitor Question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoddessVirage

Baseband Member
You guys have helped me with everything else regarding building my first computer- now I have arrived at the last step and I need help once again!

I am trying to decide between two different monitors:

24" Asus: Newegg.com - ASUS VH242H Black 23.6" 5ms HDMI Full 1080P Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 1000:1 (ASCR 20000:1) Built in Speakers - LCD Monitors

25" Hanns-G: Newegg.com - Hanns·G HH-251HPB Black 24.6" 2ms HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 DC 15000:1(800:1) Built-in Speakers - LCD Monitors

My Graphics Card: Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GV-R467D3-512I Radeon HD 4670 512MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

I have looked at the Hanns-G in person at a Best Buy and it seems very nice- but my understanding is that Asus has phenominal monitors too- and it's $20 cheaper which is always a plus. Does anyone else know much that they could tell me about either of these or their manufacturer's?

I would be using the monitor for photoshop painting/graphics and World of Warcraft :p

<3 Virage

Hanns-G has a 24.6" screen, the Asus has a 23.6" screen.

Hanns-G has a dot pitch of 0.283, Asus 0.272 (smaller is better).

Hanns-G has a 800:1 contrast and 2ms response, the Asus has a 1000:1 contrast and a 5ms response.

Hanns-G has a VGA, two HDMI hookups, and SPDIF out, the Asus has a VGA, a DVI, a HDMI, SPDIF out, and what looks like a coax jack.

For my money I would go with the Asus.

Hanns-G has a 24.6" screen, the Asus has a 23.6" screen.

Hanns-G has a dot pitch of 0.283, Asus 0.272 (smaller is better).

Hanns-G has a 800:1 contrast and 2ms response, the Asus has a 1000:1 contrast and a 5ms response.

Hanns-G has a VGA, two HDMI hookups, and SPDIF out, the Asus has a VGA, a DVI, a HDMI, SPDIF out, and what looks like a coax jack.

For my money I would go with the Asus.

I believe the coax you are talking about is the SPDIF. The green audio jack is for audio in, and the black one is a passthrough for headphones.

I have a Hanns-G 28", I like it. But I would probably go with the Asus out of the 2 you have linked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom