Moboard not powering up????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rusty_Russill

Solid State Member
Hey guys,

ive bin searching high and low in every forum i can for someone that might be able to help me out...

Ive just built a new PC:

Gigabyte 8i915PL motherboard
3.2ghz CPU / LGA775
1gb DIMM,
200GB HDD,
256mb GPU, etc

I had the setup running or powered up but was failing to boot or show any signs of starting, the monitor stayed on standby too. But now the plot has thickened and i am in serious trouble.

Firstly i have checked evrything to do with hardware, GPU is in correctly, as well as the RAM, CPU and everything else, my problem is that my motherboard wont respond or something. I shorted the power supply to test it and turned it on and thats fine, ive tried jumping the power at the front panel too, nothing...

Im pretty sure the mobo is fine though, i just dont know what to do next, somebody please help me or shoot me now!!

when i built i had that problem......it was my memory, it was brand new but it was completely dead, so try a different stick of ram, and check the cmos jumper and make sure its on pins 2 and 3 not 1 and 2

Yea had the jumper pins wrong, *shakes head*

Thanx for your help guys, but speacial thanx to ricanflow, sometimes the little things are so easilly overlooked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom