mobo upgrade Dell 8200

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inaris

Fully Optimized
got a dell 8200 with a dying system board. Need to 1. get a replacement (which is more to expensive for what it offers) 2. find a new one that fits into the space.

what I'm looking to you all for, since I have stopped building for about 3 years, I need to know what I should look at. I'm thinking of replacing the systemboard/proc/memory, as this one is a p4x800 Rambus and that stuff just doesn't suit me very well. Want to get p4 2.8 or about and a board to build on. problem is the form factor... it's modified ATX, so the size is different.

if you can help me with ideas, that would be awesome. measurements are 11x11 with a .5x1 corner knockout.

thanks in advance for the help...

unfortunately with the dell case you will have an impossible time getting a new motherboard in there. Dell used propritary boards that only fit their cases. give us a list of what parts you want to save and the guys will come up with a good parts list for you. Also tell us what you want to use the computer for so as to help guide the build process.

It is a proprietary board in a proprietary case. Get a replacement from Dell or start from scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom