Not open for further replies.

Lasrix

In Runtime
Lookin for a new mobo.

775, 45nm, SLI, Close to High end.

Any suggestions?

-Cheers

I've been lookin around lately and i came across this:

http://us.dfi.com.tw/Product/xx_pro...p?PRODUCT_ID=5915&CATEGORY_TYPE=LP UT&SITE=US

My current build has a LANPARTY board and i love the thing. It's a bit much and i'm still lookin but whats the feedback on DFI around here?

Having said this board though i'm gonna end up going with Crossfire as suggested. A few fan boys at work are telling me to go with 2x 4870's. It seems they are cheaper than the 260's i wanted and the bench's are up there. The only thing i'm against are the Drivers for ATI. I hear they aren't the greatest.

-Cheers

Motherboards are getting way too expensive now compared to what they were back in the early to mid 2000's. Ridiculous pricing, but this one has a rebate.

Newegg.com - EVGA 132-CK-NF78-A1 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 780i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

This motherboard is capable of much higher RAM than what it claims on Newegg, but that's what it supports natively. A little OC here and there, you'll be running at higher speeds. It looks similar to the DFI motherboard you have up there too.

I've been lookin around lately and i came across this:

Untitled Document

My current build has a LANPARTY board and i love the thing. It's a bit much and i'm still lookin but whats the feedback on DFI around here?

Having said this board though i'm gonna end up going with Crossfire as suggested. A few fan boys at work are telling me to go with 2x 4870's. It seems they are cheaper than the 260's i wanted and the bench's are up there. The only thing i'm against are the Drivers for ATI. I hear they aren't the greatest.

-Cheers

veedubfreak had two DFI x38/48 bards die on him after a few hours of use so that makes me doubt their quality but he might have just been unlucky. The Asus P5E Deluxe is another good x48 motherboard.

Newegg.com - ASUS P5E Deluxe LGA 775 Intel X48 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom