mobo pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

regeisle

In Runtime
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-P55-UD3R LGA 1156 Intel P55 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
or
Newegg.com - ASUS P7P55D LGA 1156 Intel P55 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

or are they basically the same? Also, are there any good reasons to go with full atx vs micro-atx if I don't need more than one video card and maybe 1 additional pci-e slot?

Also looked at Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-P55M-UD2 LGA 1156 Intel P55 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards but the low price and micro made me 2nd guess

If you don't need native firewire, I would definitely go with the Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3R between the first two.

The only thing with the GA-P55M-UD2 LGA is that it is a micro. other than that it is basically the same as the other Gigabyte (one less SATA port, has Firewire onbord, everything else about the same) except for missing a PCI-E x1 slot and two PCI slots.

mATX boards sued to be bad about heat retention as everything was closer together. If you have good air flow that shouldn't be a problem.

If you don't need native firewire, I would definitely go with the Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3R between the first two.

The only thing with the GA-P55M-UD2 LGA is that it is a micro. other than that it is basically the same as the other Gigabyte (one less SATA port, has Firewire onbord, everything else about the same) except for missing a PCI-E x1 slot and two PCI slots.

mATX boards sued to be bad about heat retention as everything was closer together. If you have good air flow that shouldn't be a problem.

Yep, agree, look at the description of the rep I gave you, it wasn't meant in offense it was kind of a joke I didn't think over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom