MoBo help.. Choosing..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I havent had any issues with my ds3r. I've had 3 different brands of memory in it so far, and have actually run mixed pairs of memory at the same time. Excellent board. Just remember ctrl-f1 in the bios to get to the advanced memory options.

so upon first ever, press ctrl + f1 immediately and then enter the required voltages for the rams right?

You can set the required RAM voltage, without the pressing of CTRL+F1.

CTRL+F1 is to set the timings of the RAM.

okay, must I change th timings for Corsair XMS 800MHz CAS 4-4-4-12?

And I think I'm going to go with the GA DS3R. :D

You should set the timings to it's manufacturer's spec. Since it was designed to run at those settings.

Okay.

And I might as well ask if you think it'd be worthwhile paying £3 more for the GAP35C DS3R Mobo? Which supports DDR3..

Not really worthwhile. DDR3 is too much at the moment, and they won't be mainstream for some time, while DDR2 is at it's all time low. And having a motherboard that supports more than one type of RAM, is usually quirky.

You can get 9600GT for $144 after MIR
Newegg.com - MSI N9600GT-T2D512 OC GeForce 9600GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

This one offer similar performance to HD3870, but it cost less, it is factory overclocked and it comes with a free game

EDIT: If you can spend more money then you can get GTS 512
Newegg.com - MSI NX8800GTS-T2D512E GeForce 8800GTS (G92) 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

It also comes with a free game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom