Mobo/HDD question

Status
Not open for further replies.

JiveTurkey

In Runtime
If I upgrade my Motherboard/Processor, will my Hard Drives have to be formatted? If so, can any information be saved?

I was thinking about this to keep my current AGP and update to PCI-E later.

Is there anyway to save them, such as backing them up onto another hard drive and them transferring them back to the original?

yes, when u format, everything will be gone. However, u can back up any files you wish to keep by burning them onto DVDs or transfering them to a different HDD, taht you do not plan on formatting, before you format. Just to be safe, you should take out the HDD with the backup files before you format then after your os is up, u can put in that hdd and copy the files off.

not sure, some system files may not be copied and so u wont be able to select the whole thing. Explore C: and secect all folders and right clik and copy then paste onto the back up hdd, might work. U shouldnt copy your HDD. just files you want (mp3, video...) and like mabey program setting files. If thers too many things u need to think of them all, u can try to copy the whole C: (excluding the WINDOWS folder if u arent allowed to copy the entire thing) then just copy things onto your fresh windows as you need them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom