Mobo + GFX Card - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 01:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Mobo + GFX Card

Hey guys sorry one more dilemma i need to get off my mind. I'm quite indecisive so help me out here.

I have all the parts i need save the GFX card. I have the P6T but I am wondering, should I get the Deluxe? I dont really need all the features it offers with its two lan ports and w/e other crap. The only reason Id be thinkin of trading in my P6T for the deluxe is because ive read it runs cooler and the placement of some of the SATA ports and fan controllers is a bit better for use with large video cards. Should I get deluxe instead of my regular p6t?

As for the GFX Card ... why is this sapphire card more costly than the xfx one even tho the stock specs show that xfx runs faster in core clock and memory, obv it was tweaked. Is it because of the vapor-x cooling?

Sapphire

XFX

Thanks in advance.

Old 03-16-2010, 08:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
muffin enthusiast

Default Re: Mobo + GFX Card

i'm not completely sure on this, but i had heard that the original deluxe mobo had problems that were fixed in the deluxe v2. i don't know anything specific, so i guess this is just a heads up.

do you already physically have the mobo?

for the gfx card; the sapphire costs more because it has a better cooler. i'm not sure if the improved performance of this cooler is worth the extra $50 over the xfx, but that's the primary reason for its higher cost.

i would still get the xfx.

i was about to suggest that you buy the non "xxx" version because the minor OC that it comes with can easily be achieved with the regular version, but seeing that the regular version has almost $8 shipping whereas the "xxx" version has free shipping, when you total it up the difference between the two cards is like $1, so id say get the "xxx" version.

Old 03-17-2010, 02:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

yea lol i also first went to look for the regular one and saw the price diff was close to none. Is that vsporx cooling really better than the sink fan of the xfx? cuz i kno the new cards may run a lil hot so i def wanna buy the cooler one since its more probability to last longer.

and yeae i alrdy have the mobo, i decided to stick with it ... alrdy installed it ... using my old vid card for now till i reach a consensus on these 2.

PS where in NY are u? im brooklyn
Old 03-17-2010, 03:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
muffin enthusiast

the vapor-x will definitely get better temp results than the stock cooler, but i just skimmed through a few reviews on it and it's not really clear how much better it is though.

at idle it seems to be around 5c cooler, but at load i've been reading anywhere between 5c and 15c+ cooler.

i would personally still pick the xfx because it's $50 cheaper and its got a double lifetime warranty. if you're worried about the card staying cool, just make sure you don't have anything restricting airflow in your case and you can always crank up the gfx cards' fan speed.
Old 03-19-2010, 04:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
Newb Techie

awesome, thx for the input
Closed Thread