Mobo/CPU Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

decrypted

Baseband Member
Right now I have an Asus A7N66-VM mobo w/ AMD Athlon XP 1700+ ~1.46GHz and using 1GB Kingston DDR...not sure how much you may need but if you need more of the specs just let me know.

anyways, I need to know if i can replace the motherboard and processor alone. and if so, i was thinking of upgrading to around 2.5GHz and wondering if that is even worth it or should i go farther? i was wanting to get into dual core and something that can be overclocked easily. i had in mind in the beginning to stay with the Asus and AMD but lately have figured anything should be a possibility unless otherwise posted by a more wise poster lol

just ideas that i had that may not work at all...
-ASUS M2N-E SLI Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce 500 SLI MCP ATX AMD Motherboard
-MACH SPEED MSNV-939 Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 ATX AMD Motherboard
-AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Brisbane 2.5GHz Socket AM2 Processor Model ADO4800DDBOX
-AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ Brisbane 2.3GHz Socket AM2 Processor Model ADO4400DDBOX

i got those from newegg by the way and didn't explore intel much

any feedback is greatly appreciated, thanx in advance!

i'd like it to be about $250 but i'm not sure if thats reasonable or not...just shoot out ideas with prices if its not and i'll take it into consideration

Off topic.....so the only difference between the L and the R, from what I see, is that the L has 4 less SATA ports. Is that about it?

Thats the only difference that I see

Here is a screenshot for L

13-128-059-03.jpg

And R

13-128-050-03.jpg

....because he's an Intel fanatic. Well Intel, is currently in the lead, with processors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom