Mobo/CPU for 60$..Possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuRpLeSmUrF

In Runtime
Okay. My specs are in my sig..the only thing I really need is a mobo and cpu..would it be possible to get a mobo and cpu for 60 bucks that is better than what I currently have?

New, that would be VERY difficult to do, unless you use sites similar to eBay, then it should be possible.

Used, definitely. Local classifieds, eBay, sites similar to ours, ect. ect.

For around $90, it could be done from online retailers like Newegg and TigerDirect.

I would go the ebay route if you are on a very super strict budget. You just have to really be super careful and read all of the descriptions before you bid. That is the route I went when I started my PC as a project computer and I got an ECS GF8200A MB and an Athlon II X2 3.0Ghz CPU for only about 65 and that was about 6 months ago. So if you look around and just dont buy the first thing you see on ebay you can get some decent deals

No one on this site has anything for sale do they? I would feel more comfortable buying from a forum member then off of ebay

No one on this site has anything for sale do they? I would feel more comfortable buying from a forum member then off of ebay

At the moment, there's not very much for sale here. Other than a CPU and that would probably eat up more than half of your budget, and would make it REALLY difficult to get a motherboard.

You might be able to score a good deal on HardForums, as they have a pretty active classifieds section, although you won't be able to post in there. Just browse and then message the member, which is what I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom