Mobo + case questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

muffinS

Beta member
Hello techist.com

Some time ago I was running an emachines T6420 with a PNY 6600 pci-e 256mb video card and an audigy4pro sound card, a machine I used primarily for gaming (Counter-Strike Source, Quake 4, Call of Duty 2, etc.)

About after a year of use, my pci-e slot supposidly burned out, most likely from the load it must have put on the microATX 300w stock PSU.

Ive been googling all around the internet for articles on replacing motherboards, and I decided to come here with a few questions:

Recently I have had my eye on the Foxconn 6150K8MA-8EKRS Socket 939 NVIDIA GeForce 6150 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard. Will this have any compatability issues with my emachines' case or PSU? If the PSU isn't compatable, which budget PSU should I buy that will be compatable with both the case AND motherboard?

If the motherboard will have compatablilty issues, what microATX board do you suggest?

Would it be easier just to deal with it for another 2 years and build a whole new system then?

Thanks in advance.

As long as the mobo is micro ATX it should have no problem fitting. And form what I have been told, You should aim for 400w power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom