Mirror SSD

croSSeduP

In Runtime
I just bought an OCZ ARC100, 240GB SSD to replace my Crucial M4 64GB drive for my OS and background programs. I would like to make a mirror copy of the M4 on the ARC100 and just replace the M4. What inexpensive or free mirroring software would you guys recommend? Thanks.

CloneZilla to clone, and then GParted to resize the partition to take full space of the new SSD.

Golden. Thanks, carnageX.
It took me several hours to figure out using CloneZilla and GParted, but I got it done, and after using GParted to expand my 240GB SSD to its full volume, I did not need to repair W7 with the install disk, so bonus there.
However, there's a new problem...
I did all of this to upgrade to W10. While it was installing it has "hung up" on the screen that says "We'll be ready soon" and "Don't turn off your PC" for many hours. I did a Google search for this problem and didn't find anything helpful. Thoughts?

Would recommend just doing a clean install of Win10 honestly. Seens several issues with people doing the upgrade, and doing a clean install is just easier.

You can do this directly now with the latest build of Win10 if you create the Install Media from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

You can input your Win7 key directly during the install process with the latest build (10586), and it should activate fine.

Thanks, will give it a go.
Oh, one other question... I want to format my Crucial SSD for more storage, but because it was cloned there is a operation conflict when I try to start the computer with both SSD's hooked up, even if I specifically choose to start from the OCZ SSD. How do I format that Crucial disk?

Back
Top Bottom