A minor upgrade (Attempt #2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackhawk13

In Runtime
OK. If this posts twice, it's not my fault... The page went blank the first time and I don't think it posted...

Anywho, I'm getting tired of my Athlon 3500+ and it's slowness to everything I try to do with it nowadays. So I figure I would upgrade it a little bit...

I'll be switching over to an Intel system, as the Core 2's pounded the crap out of the Athlons.

Canada Computers - Motherboards > Socket LGA775/T : Asus P5KPL-VM Socket 775 Intel G31 + ICH7 Dual Channel DDR2 800/667Mhz Intel GMA 3100 GigaLAN 6-Ch HD Audio Support Intel Core 2 Duo / Core 2 Quad Micro ATX.

Canada Computers - Memory > Desktop Memory > DDR2 800 PC2-6400+ : OCZ (OCZ2P800R22GK) DDR2 PC2-6400 800MHz Platinum XTC Revision 2 2GB (2x1024MB) Dual Channel Kit.

Canada Computers - CPU > Desktop Intel Processors : Intel Core 2 Duo E4600 Socket LGA775, 2.4 GHz, 800 MHz FSB, 2MB L2 Cache, 65nm (Retail Box) (BX80557E4600).

It's just a Mobo, CPU, and RAM upgrade. All-in-all, a pretty cheap ($320, $290 after MIR to be exact) upgrade.

If anyone can suggest a better upgrade for a reasonable price, I'm open to suggestions.

P.S. I'll be purchasing the parts on my next pay cheque, which is next Thursday, so I have until then to decide.

microATX???

get a full size.

(i would find one for you but i dont feel like navigating thru that website i am too tired)

good choice, that thing has excellent ratings from what I have read. Just no it doesn't come with raid, you gotta step up like 20 dollars more about to get that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom