Mini PCI-E into a desktop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

anounTT

Beta member
Okay. I have a gateway GT5432 desktop, I not so recently added a 750GB HD in it i bought from a guy I play counter-strike with. When I installed that, I didn't know based on the angle that my harddrive are at (facing the side not the back) I needed to use a '1 Right Angled SATA Cable' for some reason I swapped the cable and put the angled one on the new harddrive and a regular cable on the first hard drive. So when I go to put the side panel back on, I had difficulty, till I broke the clip on the main hard drive.

I just recently lanned with my computer and when ever I move the case or touch it slightly my system locks up then tries to go into network boot when I restart until I get done putting the cable in the position just right after about 30 minutes.

So now I've been looking at SSD hard drives and I wanted to know if a mini PCI-E one will fit into the 1x slot on my PCI-E motherboard. I've been looking around for a answer for awhile. I think it would but I can't find evidence of that being true. I don't want to spend money on something that might work. You know?

Thanks.

Generally SSD Drives are external USB flash drives
Also SSD drives are not as robust as standard Sata Drives
You need to get your Sata cable properly fitted, can you provide a clear pic of your issue with it?

So you broke the SATA connector on the primary drive? Why didn't you just buy a right angle cable, they aren't exactly expensive? Anyway SSDs connect to your SATA controller like a standard HDD so you don't have to worry about PCI/PCI-e slots (but you do need to check you have a spare SATA connector and somewhere to mount a 2.5" drive).

Generally SSD Drives are external USB flash drives
Also SSD drives are not as robust as standard Sata Drives

Sorry, that's incorrect. Pretty much all SSDs are internal, I don't think I've ever seen an external SSD. And SSDs are a great deal more robust as they have no moving parts, i.e. if you drop them they won't break anywhere near as easily as hard drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom