millinium to xp pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

slowcomp

In Runtime
is it possible my dad said he read that you cant put xp on a computer with millenium? i really hate millenium i am used to xp so any help is appreciated

You can buy an upgrade to XP (http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_sg_9xupgrade.asp), or you can just buy a full version, format your hard drive, and do a clean install.

ME is one of the biggest goofs Microsoft ever put out... I don't blame you for wanting rid of it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chattanooga, huh? I'm in Cleveland, just up the road.

PZEROFGH said:
yeah but you will lose all your data on the hardrive
i know i am making a backup copy of all the files for my dad its his old comp so i just gonna give him the disc i make of the hardrive and format the thing thanks anyways

With Partition Magic you can make a new partition and SAVE everything else you had without backing it up.

Watchout for your sig size slowcomp, its way too big. use my sig for a reference because its pretty much the max size for this forum.

hrmm when i installed xp on my computer it didnt delete anything at all, and my computer was crap no backup drive or anything. Ya i hated millenium... really bad.... going to xp felt good... but at the time my comp only had 64 mb ram.... so it made it lag like crazy -_-

use a program called partition magic or paragon partition manager to partition a extra part of your drive. Then install XP on that and it will ask wether to boot into XP or ME at startup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom