Micro ATX Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snump

In Runtime
I'm looking at building a Micro ATX PC... what is a moderately prices ATX case thats any good? Will I be able to have a full sized AGP video card in one of those?

Yeah you should be able to use a full AGP card. I would yes of course but I've never built a micro ATX. I'm 99.9% positive you can have a full AGP card in it. I don't see why you couldn't. If you couldn't what would be the point of m-ATX?

For cases just look for what fits your needs, there aren't necessarily good cases, as opposed to things such as video cards and power supplies. Just make sure it has ventilation and what size it supports and such. I believe ATX cases fit m-ATX mobos.

Get a barebone Shuttle system, you can't go wrong with it. They have good PSU, and overclockability.

A microATX board will fir in ANY ATX case.

A microATX case will accomodate a full size graphics card.

Nothing wrong with microATX. It's just smaller, usually has fewer options, and does not get as good air circulation as do ATX form factors. But they take up less space, and most pre-built systems sold today are microATX, so transfering one into a different case you could go with either a microATX or a standard ATX.

Shuttle's are SFF (small form factor).

HAVOC2k5 said:
MicroATX is cool for some builds. I use MicroATX in budget PC's. Also i've used uATX for Media Center PC's.

The reason i want to built my own mATX is because it will be in a somewhat confimed area.
I don't overclock and I haven't decided whether I'm going with Intel or AMD, I'll cross that bridge when I get there.
But for now I'm just looking for Brands. I like the Powmax 3304 in Silver. I think they go for around $40, so I'll watch out on ebay for a deal.

I don't want to g o with a bare bones system - I like the build everything myself. I'm old fashioned I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom