Merging hard drives and keeping files.

plofisto777

Solid State Member
So I dont know if what I want to do is possible but I want to merge three hard drives together and possibly move my os to a ssd. So in short move all my os to a ssd and have all my files on two hdd and merge them. Please help me out if this is even possible.

It is, but the easiest and most realistic way without extras is a fresh format of your OS on the SSD and RAID your 3 drives (if they are matching). You'll need to backup your important files to an extra drive though.

If I were to back up all my files how do I make sure not to copy my os over as well. I have been looking at my folders but I can't tell my os apart. And if I were to not copy my os over would that make some of my programs corrupted? Sorry if I'm being really dumb or something.

By files I mean documents, pictures, music, movies, game saves, stuff of that nature. Most of the time you can't successfully copy over programs and they will work due to installing stuff in the registry or being dependent on other programs as well. You will have to reinstall everything when you do a fresh install. That includes Windows, programs, media players, games, everything.

Back
Top Bottom