Memory upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Using core i5 750 not 670 >.< totally confused on that bit earlier. And it says on intel website it can handle up to 16Gb memory?

The problem with performance using those programs is because your 670 is a dual core CPU. The 750 and 760 are both i5s as well, but they are quad. Upgrading your RAM wont exactly help too much besides reduce HDD swap. Yes, the P55 platform can handle up to 16GB of RAM. I'm saying you should find a used i5 750/760 to replace your current CPU because having a quad will help you more than more RAM.

The problem with performance using those programs is because your 670 is a dual core CPU. The 750 and 760 are both i5s as well, but they are quad. Upgrading your RAM wont exactly help too much besides reduce HDD swap. Yes, the P55 platform can handle up to 16GB of RAM. I'm saying you should find a used i5 750/760 to replace your current CPU because having a quad will help you more than more RAM.

Sorry I put a wrong core i5 series, mine is 750 :) so I'm guessing its safe to add/upgrade more RAM then. Again how about the timing though is it alright to have like different timings? like I mentioned earlier my current memory have 7-8-7-24 timing, if I'm gonna add more it probably won't have the same timing as my current memory.

Sorry I put a wrong core i5 series, mine is 750 :) so I'm guessing its safe to add/upgrade more RAM then. Again how about the timing though is it alright to have like different timings? like I mentioned earlier my current memory have 7-8-7-24 timing, if I'm gonna add more it probably won't have the same timing as my current memory.
Honestly, you shouldn't be having any problems but if more RAM helps more power to you. P55 platform is very forgiving with mixed RAM so shouldn't be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom