Memory Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

dennykyser

Baseband Member
My MB supports 4GB, 4X DDR2 667 ram and when I built it I made the mistake of ordering DDR2 533 ram (2X512)

I have just ordered 2 gb (2X1gb) DDR2 667 ram but want your advice on what to do.

Do I just remove the 2 slots of the slower ram, and run the 2 gigs of correct ram, or leave it in and have 3 gigs of ram.

I understand the ram will only perform as good as the lowest speed so not sure which would be better, better perfomance or more ram?

Thanks.

i'd also take out the 533 sticks. 2 gb are plenty. if you left the 533 sticks in i reckon you'll see a performance DECREASE.

you can use that 1gb for another build for your family or if you have a younger sibling or something.. (something i'm considering.. )

Take out the 533 and put in the new sticks. You'll see a performance increase with the new sticks, and a decrease if you put the new sticks in with the old sticks.

aliasaid said:
i'd also take out the 533 sticks. 2 gb are plenty. if you left the 533 sticks in i reckon you'll see a performance DECREASE.

you can use that 1gb for another build for your family or if you have a younger sibling or something.. (something i'm considering.. )
Aggree'd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom