Memory problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJoeZ61

Solid State Member
I built a new machine last winter based on a Intel D975XBX motherboard with a Core 2 Duo 2400 processor and it has 2 gigs of Ram OCZ2SOE6672GK and XP Media Center.
The problem is even though when I do a memory test with PC Pitstop which shows all is fine . The memory appears to be dead, when the computer is first booted all is GREAT and after some time I can't even add a favorite in explorer or deleate an e-mail until I reboot. The problem seems to be getting gradually worse, but I think it always was there.
I am thinking either the motherboard or the memory, any suggestions would be appreciated.
Joe

Overheating, video drivers, memory faults not being detected by that program, or perhaps something running in the background if you have no adwares or spywares on your system.

On a totally new build here running both XP and Vista on separate drives one version of the ATI catalyst found on the cd as well as the latest out(7.9) saw nothing but headaches from freeups, ati2dvag.dll blue screens, and even sudden system restarts if nothing froze solid in XP. Less annoying problems like automatic color control were seen in Vista. Solution? The next catalyst(7.10) to follow a patch briefly released just before that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom