Memory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjgoku24

Baseband Member
Here is a stupid question, is it possible to use memory such as DDR2-1000 (PC2-8000) on a board that supports DDR2-800 (PC2-6400). Such as on an ASUS Crosshair motherboard with a socket am2 x2 5000+ amd.

Hrmm, I thought AMD Had nothing to do with DDR2, but I Don't know why the board would support it then.
(I know AMD has DDR3 in its future Plans)

Prehaps give us a link to the MB.

It will down clock to the highest the board supports thus giving you more overclocking head room.

ssjgoku24 said:
Here is a stupid question, is it possible to use memory such as DDR2-1000 (PC2-8000) on a board that supports DDR2-800 (PC2-6400). Such as on an ASUS Crosshair motherboard with a socket am2 x2 5000+ amd.

Yes, but you must change the settings in the BIOS.

@Ste, since socket AM2, AMD has started DDR2 support, anyway, ssjgoku24, I think highest Asus can support is DDR2-800, and not higher than that, though still look around for BIOS updates. though as I think only patriot is the manufacturer to relese DDR2-1000, I am not sure about the QVLA list of patriots in Asus's listings. though they support Kingston heavinly.

Blind_Arrow said:
@Ste, since socket AM2, AMD has started DDR2 support, anyway, ssjgoku24, I think highest Asus can support is DDR2-800, and not higher than that, though still look around for BIOS updates. though as I think only patriot is the manufacturer to relese DDR2-1000, I am not sure about the QVLA list of patriots in Asus's listings. though they support Kingston heavinly.

Asus won't auto detect DDR2-1000 speeds. It DOES support them

You must go into the bios, change the divider and memory voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom