Media Centre Pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grant91

Solid State Member
Hey

I have a windows media pc which i can watch tv on but i want to watch freeview (its a box wer u can watch 30 extra channels for a 1 off payment).

I want to watch that on my media centre but i have no idea how to, ive search the microsoft site and it says i just do the normal conenction and then plug a cable from my remote signal receiver to my freeveiw box.

But, the receiver has no output on it, so im abit confused. the receiver i also got with a windos pc.

Any help?

Thanx

do you mean watch it IN the media center program? if you are then its probally asking you to set it up and detecting a signal, but it wont play it, am i correct? (if im not then its probally a whole different problem)

No, you are correct. i am trying to watch the freeview source in the microsoft media centre program.

Well, what i did when i went through this waz just to forget media center and get christv. I had so much trouble with media center. My advice is to invest in christv or christv pro.

so by the sounds of it this "freeview" is an external tuner, correct? you would need to plug it into a video input source on your tuner card, perhaps the antenna input but there should be a video input on it. then you select the input source for the tuner. i've never actually tried this with MCE but i assume there is a way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom