media centre download

Status
Not open for further replies.

chip_00541

Beta member
hi, i currently have a windows xp home edition laptop, and i would like to upgrade to media centre 2005. i am just after some advice really, on the pheasability of downloading media centre, via bittorrent or something. would this be possible, and how difficult is it like ly to be to install media centre?

ps. i know this is highly illegal, and im not actually going to do it, just a thought i had.

thanks,, chip

well it's definately possible, if you can find someone with the file. The problem would be security codes and such. I've torrented games and things, but never anything as big as an OS. If you did and got it working you would pro0bably not recieve any online updates or things like that, and you would have to kind of keep it from internet acess at all. But i think you should try it, i mean i really doubt the FBI will come to your house and arrest you if you do. But wherever you find the torrent see if it has responses and if people got it working. I know the pirate bay had responses after download, although most were by germans. Try the pirate bay, although they just got raided by the police.

No, you have to reinstall Windows with Windows MCE. They are totally different, Media Centre isn't just a program, it's got all sorts of integration that just complicated things. It's Microsoft, what do you expect? They tend to complicate things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom