Maximum memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott24

Solid State Member
I have a Emachine T1801 and I have upgraded to 512mb of ram. I have checked different websites and they tell me different things for my Maximun Memory. I would like to get atleast 768mb. What would happen if I put more ram in even though it says my Maximum is 512mb. (according to some sites) What can I do to make my computer able to handle more ram? Does anybody know for sure how much ram my computer can have? Thanks

How is it possible to put in more ram that your pc can handle?:confused:

For example my pc has 2 slots for ram which is pc2700 333mhz, and they only do up to 512DDR sticks in that spec of ram, so you work it out!

I have SDRAM. And as of now I have two slots that have 256mb in each. So if I replace one of the 256 with a 512 that would bring it up to 768mb. But will my computer be able to run with that, beacuse I don't know what my max memory is? Some sites say 256 some say 512 and some say 768. So I don't no. What can I do to make my computer be able to run with 768 mb of ram or higher if it can't?

after building my own, i would recommend you build if u can, otherwise I had an emachines and didnt like it and I hear bad stuff about it...although a bit off topic.. max supported ram isnt normally a 768 (u know like..mismatched) its not a really old model of emachines so it prob can go at least 1GB (512 stick in each dimm)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom