Max number of case fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

M2k4

In Runtime
I would like to know the maximum number of case fans I can add to my computer (80mm fans). I have a 300 watt PSU, 2 HDD's (160GB and 300GB), ATI 9800 All in wonder pro, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 1GB RAM, 1 DVD RW, 1 floppy drive, two 80mm fans plus heatsink fan.
I've tried checking on google but I cant seem to find anything.
Thanks in advance.

I have two spare wires but I can just get fans that have a split molex connector so I can attach more things. What would be the max I could string up?

You can attach as many as you want, it just depends on if your PSU has enough amps to support them and you have enough space in your case.

yeah, u answered that before me, but doesn it matter how many wires you have? or else wer does it get its power?

My PSU is a little bit confusing, I think it's 18 amps but I'm not sure. Does that sound right?

john3 said:
yeah, u answered that before me, but doesn it matter how many wires you have? or else wer does it get its power?

You can get splitters and such to increase the # of available connectors.

For fans, you want a strong 12V rail. 18amps sounds pretty weak, so I wouldn't go with more than a couple of fans.

A couple as in no more than 4-5? I currently have 3 80mm (including CPU heatsink) and I want to add one 120mm and one 80mm. I just don't want to end up wrecking my system.

You should be fine with 2 more. Just make sure that they have a somewhat low power consumption, which most should.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom