Masterful Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master_Saji

Beta member
I have absolutly no experience with laptop parts or specs, but I want to learn. In the mean time, I need a laptop as I ready myself to start college in August this year. But what laptop to get? Should I buy one, make my own? I need it to run alot of programs at once (So a lot of RAM and maybe a 2.0 GHz processor) along with a decent screen size (17" or 19") As well as a multi-meadia card reader (of course I could just get an add-on via USB :confused: ) And it needs to have a DVD -+RW w/ lightscribe. (Yes, needs it...) Okay maybe not lightscribe, but still, a DVD -+RW. Now I also want it to be able to play TES 4 Oblivion an Guild Wars (Not at the same time) And have alot of HD space for...much music and software :p

Okay, got that all? So, does anyone have any idea for me?

If you can wait until September/October you could get a laptop with one of the new Merom chips. They are much faster than the current core duos.

Also you may want to consider investing in a laptop with a hard drive that has an EXTREMLY HUGE cash (spelt wrong I know). They should be coming out soon.

talldude, you realize that there are already Intel Core 2 Dou's in the market of Mobile PC's right? Then why shouldn't he buy one of these instead an AMD?

Because AMD's are cheaper, and run basically the same, if only better.

Also, that HP laptop has 6 hours of battery life, and the Intel versoin of that laptop only holds a charge for 2 hours.

OK, was nothing personal I was just wondering, as I heard only good things of the core 2 dous in the mobile pcs I was just wondering, but I am clueless in Laptops, **** till a week ago I was sure mobiles has AGP x8 and PCI-E lol :D

I thought Tech-Forums were AMD people though? You have seen the Intel vs. AMD threads.

Also, for laptops, AMD's use little to no power compared to Intels.

Are you an AMD Person? :D I Am definantly not... Though nor am I An intel person, im not that stupid to be 'owned' by a brand.. I go to where the performence go. ^^

BTW, That is true about desktops too, its why Prescotts suffer from much heat compared to the Athlons and Semprons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom